Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJemz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2013
ITunes rejects my credit cards and is unclear about when I can use them again.

I had some problems with it over the last 3 weeks.
So iTunes blocked any attempt at adding credit cards.

Help desk says it cannot know when the service will be available to me again.

Anyone know how long it takes for me to give apple more money?

I've tried all the things online, updated addresses across all devices and online accounts. Nothing nothing nothing works.
And now Apple support has stopped answering my emails.
(I made a sarcastic remark about the billing system being like Hal from 2001 space odyssey. No iHumour these support people.)

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
ITunes rejects my credit cards and is unclear about when I can use them again.

I had some problems with it over the last 3 weeks.
So iTunes blocked any attempt at adding credit cards.

Help desk says it cannot know when the service will be available to me again.

Anyone know how long it takes for me to give apple more money?

I've tried all the things online, updated addresses across all devices and online accounts. Nothing nothing nothing works.
And now Apple support has stopped answering my emails.
(I made a sarcastic remark about the billing system being like Hal from 2001 space odyssey. No iHumour these support people.)

My guess would be that the time will depend on what "problems" you had.

I would also suggest that being a wise guy with them, rather than polite and reasonable, will not speed up the process.

Imac Sam

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2011
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Just got to your local pharmacy or electronics store and just buy some itunes gift cards. Then use those for your purchases. Easier and safer than providing your credit card number.

mpantone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
Just got to your local pharmacy or electronics store and just buy some itunes gift cards. Then use those for your purchases. Easier and safer than providing your credit card number.
Actually, the superior way is to buy discounted iTunes cards. I believe BestBuy.com currently has the $100 iTunes gift card for $85 (free shipping). That's free money.

eBay retailer Gift Card Mall also had discounted iTunes cards during the Black Friday shopping period; don't know if those are still available (they had $50 gift cards for $40, free shipping).

While it's convenient to have a credit card associated with your Apple ID/iTunes store account, it actually makes far more sense to use discounted refills. And the store credit doesn't expire.

I also find that iTunes store credit acts like a budget, because I can see how much is left. With an account linked to a charge card, it's harder to tell how much you've spent, there's no daily visual reminder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.