iTunes Remote

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bndoarn, Jul 14, 2008.

1. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

whenever i start up itunes remote and select add library it says go to my ipod under device in itunes and it gives me a password but whenever i go to my ipod in itunes it's normal and doesn't prompt me for a possword

2. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Once your Touch has found your PC, itunes on that PC should gain a "remote" choice or icon on the bottom of the left panel. Click on that, and see if it opens up the password prompt.

3. bndoarn thread starter macrumors 6502a

nothing pops up when i do it. firewall is turned off and look for ipod remotes is enabled under preferences but it still doesn't work

4. drfp25 macrumors member

try turning it off and on (holding home button and power button).

I had a similar problem but after I turned it on and off it finally worked

5. techman1992 macrumors newbie

When i load the remote.app it says that the library is unable to connect. i have it connected. Is there some settings i have to tweak. Please tell me how to fix

6. pisces03x macrumors regular

Make sure iTunes is running, and then load the Remote on your iPod. Your iPod *should* automatically appear under "Devices" in iTunes.

If not, I suggest calling Apple Support?

7. techman1992 macrumors newbie

it says un able to connect on my ipod and itunes is open how do i fix this so i can use remote

8. bndoarn thread starter macrumors 6502a

i'm just gonna call apple support whenever they open because, i've rest my ipod (held down sleep and home button), turned firewall off, made sure look for ipod remote is enabled, and uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still nothing shows up in itunes under devices.

9. tangfred macrumors member

I don't know if this situation applies to you, but you have to make sure that the iTouch and your instance of iTunes are talking to each other on the same IP subnet.

It appears that Remote is scanning only the network that the iTouch is registered to for instances of iTunes. Once I put both devices on the same network together, they popped right up.

Also, I tried variations of launching iTunes or Remote first, I think I was successful when iTunes launched after Remote was already running.

10. Evangelion macrumors 68040

Try to disable the firewall on your computer. That fixed my connection-issues. I then re-enabled the "allow only essential services" in firewall, but I added iTunes to the list of allowed apps.