Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dww970

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2010
When I sync my iPad, many times an app I've downloaded to the device will be removed. I have the "sync new apps" option selected in iTunes but it doesn't seem to matter. This happened on my old windows pc as well as my new iMac.
I can sync the app by finding it in the app menu on iTunes and checking the box. I have never had this problem with my iPods and iPhones. Both iTunes and the ipad are running the latest versions. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

lapocompris

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2009
You must have checked "do not ask me again" once when iTunes ask you to transfer purchases from your iPad to iTunes.

Connect your iPad, but before sync, go to iTunes Files menu and click on transfer purchases.

dww970

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2010
You must have checked "do not ask me again" once when iTunes ask you to transfer purchases from your iPad to iTunes.

Connect your iPad, but before sync, go to iTunes Files menu and click on transfer purchases.

I'll try it, but how would that account for the other times when it does? I can download 7 apps then sync, and only 4 are still on my iPad. Do I need to click "yes" every time? Shouldn't that be automatic like everything else?

dww970

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2010
It is still doing it. Loaded a few test apps, a couple at a time syncing between downloads, and lo and behold, in 6 sync sessions 2 of them wiped most of the recently downloaded apps. Never had this problem with my Touch or iPhone, and iTunes settings are the same on all three of my devices.

lapocompris

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2009
It is still doing it. Loaded a few test apps, a couple at a time syncing between downloads, and lo and behold, in 6 sync sessions 2 of them wiped most of the recently downloaded apps. Never had this problem with my Touch or iPhone, and iTunes settings are the same on all three of my devices.
Where do these apps come from ? AppStore or elsewhere ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.