iTunes restore error 1600

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iClive, Jun 28, 2012.

1. iClive macrumors regular

I am trying to fix an iPhone 4 for a friend, who bought it on eBay so we don't know how it got into this state, although my searches suggest that it may be the result of a jailbreak.

My searches all seem to lead me down the route of putting the phone into pwned DFU mode and then restore in iTunes from there. I have used both redsn0w and iReb to put the phone into pwned DFU mode and then restore from iTunes but after some progress it always fails with the 1600 error.

I have also tried to apply a jailbreak to the phone, but with absinthe it simply doesnt recognise the phone in DFU mode. It gets a bit further with redsn0w but nothing happens after the "waiting for reboot" message...

Any help welcome! :confused:

2. cayleg macrumors newbie

been there person probly had a siri port installed and when they restord it
    screwed it up- i did it with my ipad 3 and had a hell of a time trying to fix it!
    before you do too much try a different computer and set up as new device
    that worked for me

(and if you cant get into dfu then use red snow)

3. iClive thread starter macrumors regular

Many thanks for the prompt reply, which gives me some hope that my friend hasn't paid £190 ($300) for a nice ornament!

I have no problem getting the phone into DFU mode (pwned or otherwise).

I have tried on both a Mac and a Windows machine. In fact, some of my research said it may be something to do with USB ports, and I have tried them all!

4. iClive thread starter macrumors regular

I forgot to respond to this point - its a 4 not a 4s - so no Siri unless jail broken similar app

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

1600 error indictes the host file is still set to cydia, it need to point to apple again, Download TinyUmbrella.

Connect phone, open TU, in advanced Uncheck set host to Cydia and close TU.

Put phone in DFU and restore to stock 5.1.1
    If the phone needs an unlock, you need to restore with a custom IPSW, use google or clarified for the proper procedure

6. iClive thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the solution.

When I open the advanced settings in TinyUmbrella, the option to set host to cydia is greyed out (although it is actually unticked)

7. FourCandles. macrumors newbie

Hi - I'm in a similar situation - did you manage to restore any functionality?

8. iClive thread starter macrumors regular

No, not yet, still in the error 1600 situation as the TU solution doesn't give me that option :(

9. leandrohiroshi macrumors newbie

Same problem here. TinyUmbrella doesn't give the option to uncheck "set hosts to cydia".

By the way, I'm trying to restore my iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.3 BB 04.10.01 to iOS 5.0.1(or any other iOS 5.x.x).

Still no luck? :(

10. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Try to edit the host file manually put a # infront of every row which starts ith 74.xx.xx.

For restoring to 5.01 you need to stitch your SHSH/APTicket to a custom firmware as it is no longer sigend by apple.

11. konmakai macrumors newbie

Try to download the old version of TU. (mine using tinyumbrella-5.10.06) and go to the option check and uncheck again. then close TU and reopen iTunes and shift restore to what FW you want. :D

12. EdwardWHumphr macrumors newbie

Hi, i also got the error, but i already fixed it, suggest you try the way from: How To Fix iTunes Error 1600