itunes - ripping cd - no auto ticks please?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by runbirduk, Dec 6, 2009.

1. runbirduk macrumors newbie

Hi.

I want to know how to rip cd's to my library but when they appear in the list I don't want them to be automatically ticked.

I'd rather rip say, 4 cd's, and then maybe choose a couple of songs from each for moving onto a playlist etc rather than having to first untick 90% of the ones I've just uploaded.

Sorry, new user!
    Thanks

2. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I don't know of any way to make sure they go into your library unchecked.

Do know that you can highlight several tracks at once right click and select "uncheck selection"? You could highlight them all, and uncheck them all in one go and then go back and choose the ones you want.

3. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

instaxgirl is right. Or you can just CMD-click one of the tickboxes and the whole selection changes.

4. runbirduk thread starter macrumors newbie

I realised you could sort by date to see what you've just added then highlight the new songs BUT if I hold CMD and click one tick it unticks every single song in the library which is such a pain.
    I'll try right clicking and choosing just that selection, thanks.

5. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

You don't have a "Recently Added" smart playlist?

If you deleted it go to file (I think) and create a new smart playlist. As its rule select that it can only have the last, say, 50 songs added to your library in it.

I barely ever listen to my "Recently Added" playlist but I keep it 'cause if I do want to edit a bunch of new tracks it's the quickest way to find them.

6. runbirduk thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you.
    That seems to be the easiest way to go.

I won't moan how roundabout a lot of this is compared to the old mp3 player/software I had but you've gotta move with the times I guess!