iTunes Same Artist Listed More Than Once

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Tokenfreak, May 21, 2016.

1. Tokenfreak macrumors 6502

Tokenfreak

Has anyone else had this issue in the latest iTunes release where your songs/albums are split among the same Artist name duplicate times? Please reference my screenshots below for Taylor Swift. Why Do I have more then one Artist named Taylor Swift? They should all be under that one name. Please help. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Manatlt macrumors 6502a

Make sure the ALBUM ARTIST fields are the same. In other words, fill the Album Artist fields with Taylor Swift.

3. chaoskun macrumors newbie

i actually have the same issue. Album Artist is filled with the exact same name. but they still decided to split into two artists with the same names. arghhh

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Have you copy and paste the Artist name to be 100% sure there is no extra space or other not obvios difference?

5. teejaysyke macrumors regular

This is happening to me, everything is 100% matched but there's that one stray song. I think it's a bug with the new iTunes update. It's making me very angry though.

6. chaoskun macrumors newbie

yeah, 100% sure. i tried adding a space after the name in Album Artist, then they will all remain as one artist; once removed the space, ta da... back to two artists with exact same name same spelling same everything.

on a side note, this is the 2nd time it happened to me. the first time, what i did was adding a space after the name, clicked OK; then removed the space, clicked OK again. it solved my problem. but this time, doing the same thing won't solve my issue.

don't know if it means anything, but both the artists have more than 33 Albums in my iTunes.

7. teejaysyke macrumors regular

I just figured out a fix for me.

Go to album view, select all the albums by the artist, delete them from iTunes (not from the computer) then just go to your iTunes Media folder, go to artist and drag the artist folder back to iTunes and everything should be under 1 artist name.