iTunes saving the same artist in 2 different ways alphabetically

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by west.kun, Sep 9, 2009.

1. west.kun macrumors newbie

This is making me nuts! Here's my issue: I recently added an album by "A Fine Frenzy" into my iTunes library. It automatically saved the first 4 tracks under "A" for A fine frenzy. The remainder of the album is saved under "F" for a Fine Frenzy. All previous tracks by this artist have fallen into "F", so why did 4 of these tracks fall into "A"??? All info is the same, all the same spelling, etc. What's going on?!?!:eek:

2. devburke Guest

I’d say check the tags for things like Sort Artist, Album Artist, and Sort Album Artist

3. west.kun thread starter macrumors newbie

tried

Yea I've tried that, unfortunately. I've right clicked and checked/compared all the track info...it all seems to be consistent.

4. devburke Guest

Hm. I had an issue once where some tracks were imported with different capitalization than the rest that I had, and for some reason that was sorting differently, even after I changed it. What I found fixed it was selecting everything by that artist and changing the artist to something random, then hitting ok so it actually changed. Then I changed it back to what it was actually supposed to be, and it all sorted together. You could try that.

5. G-Prime macrumors member

I am having the same problem. It was happening in iTunes 8 for me as well, I was hoping that iTunes 9 would fix it.

6. west.kun thread starter macrumors newbie

nope

thanks for the suggestion, which I have now tried and it didn't fix it! Any other suggestions out there?? :confused:

7. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

You probably did, but just double checking in case. Did you actually check the tags under "Sorting", not just the info tab?

8. west.kun thread starter macrumors newbie

got it!

Ok, perfect! So I found that under the sorting name it wasn't consistent. Thanks for the help!:D