itunes says iphone crashing daily

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ad2435, Mar 1, 2010.

1. ad2435 macrumors member

i have a 32g 3gs with 3.1.3 code.

when i sync the iphone with itunes, itunes wants to send files to apple for diagnostics. the file names are similar to "aggregated-2010-02-28.crash". there is a crash file every day.

somedays, i get crash files and i don't use any applications except text messaging (no pictures or video). this is even after a power restart.

i opened the files in notepad and can't see anything obvious.

the iphone appears to be operating peoperly and there are not any oblious lockups/resets or anything on the iphone.

any ideas and should i be concerned???

thanks

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

If the iPhone is behaving fine, turn off those crash reports, since all they do is slow down your backups. There's an option under the iPhone to turn them off (reset warnings). The next time you sync, pay attention to the screen about sending reports. Also, make sure you uncheck the box to "not show this again" or whatever it says, otherwise the next time it will send the reports.

3. ad2435 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the reply aggie.

i turned it off and the message no longer pops up.

i was wondering what actually is crashing the iphone but since there isn't any adverse effect of the crashes, no harm no foul.

again, i appreciate the information! :)