iTunes says my authorised computer is not!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Birdmart, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Birdmart macrumors newbie

When I sync my 3GS with iTunes I get the message 'Some of the purchased items could not be transferred because not authorised for them on this computer'. So I go to 'store' and authorise my computer (HP PC running Windows7) and am told it is already authorised. How do I resolve this apparent conflict? Any help much appreciated.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. Birdmart thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice: unfortunately, I've already tried that and had no joy.

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Go into your iTunes account and reset the authorization. It will reauthorize all the computers then you just add them back in.

I have to do this because I am out of them and I do not know which computers in the past I gave permission 2 and some of them I have not turned on for years.

5. Birdmart thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice but still the problem persists. I have deauthorised PC and laptop, restarted, connected to different USB ports, reauthorised and various permutations of the same and still get the same message. Some apps get synced but others don't.

6. leeco macrumors newbie

I am having the exact same problem and it is driving me crazy. Should have kept buying actual CDs.

Keeps saying my mac not authorised and so I go to store and authorise it and it says it is already authorised. arghhh

If you find out the reason please let us know as I feel your pain

Cheers

7. cypher23 macrumors member

cypher23

Are there any apps/music that is on the iPhone that was downloaded from another iTunes account? You'll continue to get this message if this is the case. You want to ensure your computer is authorized with all your iTunes accounts.

8. Birdmart thread starter macrumors newbie

Closing in on the problem?

Thanks for all the advice.

Having authorised/deauthorised, with iphone connected/not connected and many permutations of same the problem probably lies in the statement that my phone is synced with another iTunes library. I don't know how: I've always only ever synced on the same PC. Would uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes fix the issue?