iTunes says no apps need updates today but I know some have updates

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nippyjun, Dec 25, 2011.

1. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Today in iTunes it says that there are no app updates available but I know that there are some that do have updates.

Anyone else have this today. Are the updates not showing because it's a holiday?

Thanks.

2. simsaladimbamba

Do you mean iOS apps?
    Do the updates show on the App Store on your iOS device?
    And how do you know, there are updates?

3. nippyjun thread starter macrumors 65816

On my Mac in iTunes it says no updates available even though I know that there are updates to be had.

On my devices all apps are up to date. I updated all my apps on the devices themselves yesterday but not on my Mac. Also I didn't sync the devices to the Mac so it wouldn't have gotten the updates from the devices.

----------

I know that there are updates because there were a bunch that needed to be updated as of yesterday and I didn't update them.

----------

Is there an automatic updates setting in iTunes that may have turned on?

4. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

Something is wrong with the App Store right now. I also experience this issue on my iPad and iPhone, and all purchased items show prices instead of the "Install" buttons.

5. waynep macrumors 6502

The iTunes stores seems flakey right now. It's not connecting to the main page right now. Apps don't show as installed either. I bet it's busy with all the Christmas iTunes gift cards.

6. SplicedBanjo macrumors regular

I think this is an iCloud feature. It is possible for an iTunes purchase (which includes app updates) on one device, to trigger everything else you own to download the same thing automatically.

I'm also wondering how you can be sure you didn't sync your device with iTunes. If you have a WiFi network, just putting the two near each other could have triggered a sync (possibly only if the device has external power though).

7. nippyjun thread starter macrumors 65816

An update. It started to work pretty much normally again. There were updates to be had but it wouldn't show them. Then it finally showed them and updated them.

8. Marxell22 macrumors newbie

yes, I also had the same problem, maybe because now is a holiday .. but to update some apps now, you can find the name of the app that you want to update, and just tap update .. (I have about a hundred app, so a bit bored to update in that way.. :) :apple:

9. badhr macrumors newbie

yea ive have that same problem too i thought it was my problem at first but then i read few post about other users experiencing same problem