iTunes Screen Saver *PLEASE HELP*

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ghsNick, Jun 20, 2011.

1. ghsNick, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011

ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I just imported my iTunes from my PC to my new MBP.
    I deleted the new iTunes folder and transferred over my iTunes from PC and everything worked great.

All my music, play counts, and Art Work is there.

When I go to set my Screen Saver to iTunes Artwork it says "Your iTunes Library does not contain any songs with Artwork."

I have all the artwork so is there a fix for this?

Edit - Go to my next post in the thread if this doesn't make sense.
    I searched the forums and people have had this problem before but there wasn't a fix posted!

2. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

you put the music in the default iTunes library folder?

Or you copied over a music folder and told iTunes to look for your music in that folder?

The screen saver is probably only looking in the default folder. There is an option in iTunes to copy the files to that folder when importing.

3. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I deleted the original iTunes folder on the MBP. Next I placed the iTunes folder from my PC (used my external HD) in the exact same spot where the original iTunes folder was (same name too). So I do not have the original iTunes folder anymore from the MBP (since I replaced it with the same named iTunes folder from my PC).

I even Consolidated my (already working) Library and searched for "Missing Artwork" in iTunes but it couldn't find any since all the artwork is there.

Hopefully that can help you describe a fix for this.

Edit - Can you explain how I can get it to go to the folder I replaced iTunes with instead of the default? (I feel like the default is the same folder it's in since I replaced it though?)

4. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

5. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

idk if it's the same since it came from a PC, why don't you just move the folder somewhere else, delete and reinstall iTunes, then use the import button rather than replacing the default folder.

6. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Ok I moved the iTunes folder to the desktop and when I re-opend iTunes nothing was there.

I see Import PlayList, is that what I do?

7. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

at the top go to iTunes > preferences, then click on advanced, click on "reset" next to iTunes Media Folder Location and make sure it's checked where it says "copy files to iTunes media folder when adding to library"

Then click file, add to library, and pick the folder you have your music in.

8. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I don't think it will add my play counts or anything.
    Is there any way to go to the iTunes Screensaver and change the source of where it gets the album artwork?

9. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I think I'm going to take it to a Genius and see if they can fix it.
    I just bought it on Sunday. Do I get a free visit to ask or would I have to pay?