iTunes Search Not Finding What I Want..Or Anything!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Drpepper99uk, May 30, 2007.

1. Drpepper99uk macrumors member

Hello,

I've got a rather silly question but...

Whenever I type in the search bar in the top right hand corner when looking for a specific Artist or Album it don't seem to find what I want in the way of displaying anything other than try an advanced search.

I tried to find some Pearl Jam material, not the most rarest of bands and I didn't seem to list anything. Even if I click on store at the top and then search so that it brings up another search option with Artist, Composer,Song etc it still won't find anything!!! Is there a setting that has been selected that's stopping me from finding anything I have the new version of iTunes which has just been released.

Michael.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. Drpepper99uk thread starter macrumors member

Hello,

I'm using OS X. Out of interest I typed in Abba in the search bar and it found abba songs, but not what i'm after.This is the screen I get once searching for something(The Beatles):

[​IMG]

Michael.

4. Drpepper99uk thread starter macrumors member

5. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

Search isn't working for me either. No matter what I put in I get nothing. I assume this is a bug associated with the transition to iTunes plus. Hopefully they'll get it ironed out soon.

Just FYI: The Beatles aren't on iTunes yet.

EDIT: oops... multiple tabs. I'm glad that this isn't an isolated event... that should mean it will be fixed quicker.

6. crazytom macrumors 6502a

crazytom

It's not just a 7.2 problem. I haven't updated my iTunes yet and it gets some funky results. For example, I was looking for a song called 'Shine On'. If I typed in 'shine' it would fine something, but searching for 'Shine' or 'Shine On' or 'shine on' it wouldn't find anything. I'm betting there'll be an opening at Apple for a programmer shortly. :)

7. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

They should still have results, as covers come up :)

8. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

Yeah... I know. Just didn't want the OP to be disappointed when search starts to work and there still are no beatles.

It's kind of odd they haven't fixed this yet. Actually, this whole transition to 7.2 and iTunes Plus has been kind of odd. I'm surprised they didn't just take the store down, update everything, and then put the store back up bug free. I guess they know what they're doing though.

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Seems to me it has? Was this an issue isolated to iTS searches? Searches in both iTS and my library (iTunes 7.2) work fine for me as of 8:31PM EDT.

10. crazytom macrumors 6502a

crazytom