iTunes: "Selected Item" / "Now Playing" album art display

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Webroach, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Webroach, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011

Webroach macrumors newbie

I did what I hope is a fairly exhaustive search of the forums (as well as Google in general and macosxhints.com), and didn't find this issue discussed, so please forgive if this is a repeat question.

I just noticed that I no longer have the left and right arrows on the "Selected Item" / "Now Playing" album art display pane on the bottom left of the iTunes window, which would allow the viewing of any artwork embedded in a track (when you have multiple images for the track).

I know I used this feature recently, and I've verified that although the arrows are no longer there, the artwork is all ok in the files (i.e., there are still multiple images per file). So my question is, is this something that changed in the recent update to iTunes, and if so, how do we undo this?

System / App info:
    MacBook Pro 2.66 i7
    iTunes 10.5.1 (42)

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8

Unfortunately this seems to be a change that has been made to iTunes.

I have spent a LOT of time organising many of my albums, adding multiple covers to a lot of my tracks and then suddenly the arrows get removed without warning so I can't flip through them. Makes me mad! :mad:

If it isn't broken, don't fix it. Does anyone know a way of downgrading and going back in time to the previous itunes version?

3. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

It really saddens me to see so many threads having to be prefaced with statements similar to this. It goes to show that many people are scared that fellow forum users are going to attack them for asking what they consider to be a stupid or duplicate question.

We're all on here to learn a little and reach out to the rest of the Apple community. Please stop apologizing when you've done nothing to warrant anyone else's forgiveness. Don't let the negativity of others make you think you might be doing something wrong, if you've already searched and posted to the best of your ability.

4. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8

It is basically a disclaimer, if he hadn't put that more than likely he would have been jumped on and told to "run a search" and chastised for having even asked in the first place. It happens all the time. By putting that in that, he is just trying to show that he isn't a complete newb, and that this is potentially an unsolved problem.