Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfilm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
Hi, this has only happened twice (I have imported numerous albums) but on these two albums I'm having trouble with iTunes seems to be separating the album tracks into different folders, so when I go to cover flow there's like 6 covers for the same album resulting in like 2 songs in one folder, 6 songs in another, 1 song in another etc etc.

Anyone know how to combine the songs into one single folder?? Kind of like dragging pics into another album in iPhoto for example.

Cheers for any help guys

Cinematographer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2005
far away
Select all the songs that belong to one album. Press CMD-i to get the Info window, click the info-tab (if its not selected already), and enter the album name and the album artist name there.

If you go back to the iTunes main window, sort by album or so (and not by track name, cause that will tear the albums apart of course).

Hope that works. :)

mcvaughan

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2007
Houston, TX
Hi, this has only happened twice (I have imported numerous albums) but on these two albums I'm having trouble with iTunes seems to be separating the album tracks into different folders, so when I go to cover flow there's like 6 covers for the same album resulting in like 2 songs in one folder, 6 songs in another, 1 song in another etc etc.

Anyone know how to combine the songs into one single folder?? Kind of like dragging pics into another album in iPhoto for example.

Cheers for any help guys

It sounds like it thinks it's a compilation. Check to see if iTunes reports that under Info.

macfilm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
Thanks for your responses guys. I've noticed that it seems to have separated the songs that are "featuring" other artists, I got rid of the featuring parts so its just the main artists name and it popped them all in the same folder!
So kind of worked it out lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.