Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Guy Mancuso

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2009
Just waiting for my phone right now but with the same number upgrade are folks just restoring from there previous version in Itunes or setting up as a new phone. Apple guy this morning said if set as new than you will have to add contacts, apps and music which is not a issue a;; that is setup on laptop anyway. I guess you will lose text messages and such. But wondering what folks are doing. I'm thinking new. I like clean installs

Thoughts

Higgs1

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2009
New York City
Just waiting for my phone right now but with the same number upgrade are folks just restoring from there previous version in Itunes or setting up as a new phone. Apple guy this morning said if set as new than you will have to add contacts, apps and music which is not a issue a;; that is setup on laptop anyway. I guess you will lose text messages and such. But wondering what folks are doing. I'm thinking new. I like clean installs

Thoughts

i went with a clean install / new phone just because I had previouslly JB'd my phones & i've read that sometimes lingering files will be carried over. not that that would be anything bad, however, i'd rather just have a clean install of a new phone

syncing isn't an issue and mobileme took care of all my contacts and whatnot pretty fast

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.