iTunes - Sharing Accounts!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by guklein, May 18, 2009.

1. guklein macrumors 6502a

Hello,

In my iMac there are 2 accounts (me and my wife). Each one has an account and musics in iTunes.

How can we share our musics in the library?

Thanks.

2. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

What do you mean share?

So long as the computer is authorised to play the content you can load it onto an ipod or an ATV etc for use.

3. guklein thread starter macrumors 6502a

As I said previously at my home we have 2 users in our iMac.

Using iTunes, in my user I just see my musics and the same in her user (just her musics).

Using my user, how can I see and listen the musics that are in the other user?

4. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I'm not sure I understand. My friend and I both have seperate accounts on her computer (seperate emails and passwords for buying music/ logging on). She put all her music on there before I even made my account. I made mine, and all her music was available to me. The only reason we have seperate accounts is for billing purposes. But I told my iphone to update from a certain playlist and her ipod updates the whole library.

The music in itunes is saved to the computer/ hard drive. You should be able to access it on any account on that computer.

5. CMelton macrumors regular

CMelton

I think he means that there are two separate user accounts on the mac. One for him, and one for his wife and he wants to be able to share the music between the two accounts.

I'm not sure how to do this but hopefully I've helped others understand the question!

6. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I see, well the music should be on a shared folder for all users, or you can move the music from whatever folder its in on her user account to a shared account. From there, you should be able to import the music back into the other user account's itunes. Right?

7. CMelton macrumors regular

CMelton

That sounds like it would work.

8. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Here's a link to the support document on Apple's website that explains how to share music between different user accounts on a single computer.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1203

9. guklein thread starter macrumors 6502a

Inside ~/Musics/iTunes I have 4 folders (Album Artwork, iTunes Music, Mobile Applications and Previous iTunes Library) and some files.

Do I have to transfer to a publicly accessible location just the folder 'iTunes Music'? Or something else?

Thank you for the attention.