Itunes Sharing Files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by darkpixie08, Sep 24, 2010.

1. darkpixie08 macrumors member

My husband and I want to share music files, if I buy something on itunes, I want it to show up on his computer, so that he can put it on his iphone and make playlists with it. I've tried home sharing, but it seems to only want to stream the music, and not allow me to copy it. Am I missing something? There has to be an easy way to do what I want to do.

2. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

There is an option in home sharing to transfer the files

Select the ones you want and click import on the bottom right

3. darkpixie08 thread starter macrumors member

Feel silly, but I'm on my husband's computer (windows 7) and there is no import button. All I see to the right is a little speaker signal for which speakers to play out of.

4. darkpixie08 thread starter macrumors member

I'm using itunes 10.0 on both computers. Ok, well I've figured out part of the problem, home sharing keeps de-activating on the windows computer, and it wasn't turned on. Now when I turn it back on, and click the import button I get the message "The selected files could not be copies from"" because this machine is not a member of the Home Share for the account "darkpixie08@gmail.com"." Then it stops the home sharing for some reason. What? I've activated home sharing on both computers, the whole library is shared on both computers. This should not be that difficult!

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

iTunes: Troubleshooting Home Sharing