iTunes Sharing PC/Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hawk2417, Sep 10, 2009.

1. hawk2417 macrumors newbie

The Mac shows up on the PC's iTunes sharing section, whereas the PC will not show up on the Mac's iTunes sharing section. I believe I have all the correct settings turned on and such, but I may have missed something (anything in system prefs? or anything on the windows side of things outside of iTunes?)

Using iTunes 9 (Which I love, by the way, but this problem was in iTunes 8 as well)

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Double check your sharing settings on your PC.

3. hawk2417 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've done that! I've done anything of that sort.

4. hawk2417 thread starter macrumors newbie

This is a constant problem that I know a lot of people are having. Does anyone out there have a fix? It could easily be on the Windows OR the Mac side.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I guess it'd be up to the Firewall settings now. The default is only to discover shared libaries and not share yours.

6. hawk2417 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well some more experimenting has been done:
    - A Vista laptop is visible by both the PC and the Mac BUT when opened will only show "Loading ***'s Library" and nothing else will happen. Nothing is available. This happens on both the PC and the Mac.
    - The PC is able to see both other libraries but sometimes they randomly disappear, and will reappear. Again, the Mac's library is the only one actually usable.