Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hawk2417

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
The Mac shows up on the PC's iTunes sharing section, whereas the PC will not show up on the Mac's iTunes sharing section. I believe I have all the correct settings turned on and such, but I may have missed something (anything in system prefs? or anything on the windows side of things outside of iTunes?)

Using iTunes 9 (Which I love, by the way, but this problem was in iTunes 8 as well)

hawk2417

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
This is a constant problem that I know a lot of people are having. Does anyone out there have a fix? It could easily be on the Windows OR the Mac side.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I guess it'd be up to the Firewall settings now. The default is only to discover shared libaries and not share yours.

hawk2417

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
Well some more experimenting has been done:
- A Vista laptop is visible by both the PC and the Mac BUT when opened will only show "Loading ***'s Library" and nothing else will happen. Nothing is available. This happens on both the PC and the Mac.
- The PC is able to see both other libraries but sometimes they randomly disappear, and will reappear. Again, the Mac's library is the only one actually usable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.