iTunes SHOPPING CART users BEWARE with the Apps!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sonictonic, Jul 10, 2008.

1. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

I wanted to place Super Monkey Ball in my cart for purchasing sometime in the next week or so, as I have iTunes preference marked to NOT use 1-click purchasing, and to place in my cart when I click the button on the item's page. Well, I clicked the 9.99 on SMB, and it IMMEDIATELY started downloading and purchased the item without warning and not placing it in my cart!!!

I double checked my preference and I have the chopping cart purchasing checked. This is a bug that really needs to be fixed, so just wanted to warn you all don't click unless you want to buy it right that second!

2. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

I have it set to ask my password before any purchase, but still it's not good at all. I also expected apps to go to my shopping cart.

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

4. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

Wow. I didn't mind with the free apps, but I'm a little put off now I bought a program myself. Just click and boom, 8 euros gone. Not that I didn't want that, but still, some confirmation would be nice.

5. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

you can use itunes gift cards on the apps right? I've got $40 forth of itunes cards that I'm not going to use unless you can buy apps with it.

6. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Had the same problem. The one-click is quite annoying. I accidentally bought a note app that I simply needed more info about. 4 € gone as well... :(

7. housemusic101 macrumors newbie

I wonder if any of the apps will have trial periods (15-30 days) like most windows phone apps have. Would suck to buy an app and find out it sucks!

8. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I use a gift card and it won't let me purchase the Apps.

It says I need a credit card. Has anyone bought an app with a Gift Card?

9. jmacleodpc19 macrumors newbie

I ran into the same "one click" problem with a different $9.99. I expected the usual screen to ask for my password, but it never appeared. It just started downloading.
    I didn't get too upset about it because I was the one who clicked "buy now"