iTunes shortcut?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by djearlybird, Jul 19, 2007.

1. djearlybird macrumors regular

Is there a keyboard shortcut to skip to the next track in your playlist while itunes is running, but not the current application your in. For instance, if I am surfing in Safari, is there a shortcut that I can hit to jump from track 1 to track 2 without switching over to itunes? I figure there has to be one, but I couldnt find it on google........please help if you can, thanks! :confused::confused:

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

you're looking for SizzlingKeys4iTunes.

Whenever I set up a Mac for myself or anyone else, that is one of the first programs I download. Apple really should buy them, as the program is an absolute killer.

3. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Wow, thanks for the link. Looks like a really useful application.

4. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

There is a program taht can do this, I have had it before but no longer use it (not because it was bad, just because I didn't have a need for it).. I'll see if I can find it

Edit: Yep, that's the program

5. djearlybird thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks so much, works great. I love this site/forums, people are really helpful. :D:D

6. nlivo macrumors 6502a

i use my apple remote...its always sitting on my mousepad.

7. AEP macrumors member

you could always try this,

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/ipod_itunes/intunedock.html

A series of applications to control iTunes via the dock. The package contains four applications with twenty-four icon options for them. You place the applications in your dock and click on them to perform simple tasks such as:
    - play/pause,
    - go to the next song,
    - or quit iTunes.

very handy i use it all the time, just knock out a few new icons and your hot to trot!

Attached Files:

8. Howard Brazee macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

Those work find at home, where I don't need instant control, it's at work where I need instant-pause on my Windows machine.