iTunes shortcut?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by djearlybird, Jul 19, 2007.

1. djearlybird macrumors regular

Jul 3, 2007
    Is there a keyboard shortcut to skip to the next track in your playlist while itunes is running, but not the current application your in. For instance, if I am surfing in Safari, is there a shortcut that I can hit to jump from track 1 to track 2 without switching over to itunes? I figure there has to be one, but I couldnt find it on google........please help if you can, thanks! :confused::confused:
  2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Jul 22, 2005
    you're looking for SizzlingKeys4iTunes.

Whenever I set up a Mac for myself or anyone else, that is one of the first programs I download. Apple really should buy them, as the program is an absolute killer.
  3. Cromulent macrumors 603

Oct 2, 2006
    The Land of Hope and Glory
    Wow, thanks for the link. Looks like a really useful application.
  4. JonHimself macrumors 68000

Nov 3, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    There is a program taht can do this, I have had it before but no longer use it (not because it was bad, just because I didn't have a need for it).. I'll see if I can find it

Edit: Yep, that's the program
  5. djearlybird thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 3, 2007
    Thanks so much, works great. I love this site/forums, people are really helpful. :D:D
  6. nlivo macrumors 6502a

Jun 18, 2007
    Ballarat, Australia
    i use my apple remote...its always sitting on my mousepad.
  7. AEP macrumors member

Jul 19, 2007
    you could always try this,

A series of applications to control iTunes via the dock. The package contains four applications with twenty-four icon options for them. You place the applications in your dock and click on them to perform simple tasks such as:
    - play/pause,
    - go to the next song,
    - or quit iTunes.

very handy i use it all the time, just knock out a few new icons and your hot to trot!

Attached Files:

8. Howard Brazee macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

Oct 24, 2006
    Lafayette CO
    Those work find at home, where I don't need instant control, it's at work where I need instant-pause on my Windows machine.