Itunes Showing Duplicates in Cover Flow

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ping Guo, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Ping Guo macrumors 6502

Ping Guo

So I just did a clean install of XP on my laptop, downloaded the latest version of iTunes, and re-imported my music library from my external drive. Suddenly, random albums are showing multiple album art on Cover Flow. I'm sorting cover flow by "Album Artist", I've checked the "Part of a Compilation" box when appropriate, and made sure the "Sort Album Artist" field is correct.

This all worked fine before but now for some reason it's not sorting like it should. Any advice would be appreciated!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Make sure Album Artist and Album match exactly for all tracks. The best way to do this is copy and paste, or Get Info on the whole album and edit the info. Also, make sure the Sorting tab info is correct. If that doesn't fix it, delete the album from your library (Keeping the files), and re-import.

3. Ping Guo thread starter macrumors 6502

Ping Guo

Thanks for your advice. Before I saw this I tried adding "Various Artists" to the "Sort Artist" field, along with the "Sort Album Artist" field. This fixed the issue with compilations. For regular albums, I did the same thing, making sure the artist's name matches in both sort fields.