iTunes shows app as "Downloaded" but is not

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by latestmonkey, Aug 22, 2014.

1. latestmonkey macrumors 6502

So I have a bunch of apps that somehow have disappeared. (User error I'm sure.)

Anyway, for example, geodefense shows as "Downloaded" when i go to the page on the app store but it's neither on my phone more in my Mobile Applications folder.

Is there a way to force iTunes to redownload this?

thanks

2. mojito macrumors member

Can you go into a little more depth? Apps you've had downloaded for awhile are just up and disappearing? And then when you download new apps, it says in the store that it's downloaded but it's not on your phone? Have you done any reboots on the phone or tried to do the "update all" option in the App Store?

Might help to plug it into your computer and let it all sync up as a backup in case you need to reformat or anything like that.

3. latestmonkey thread starter macrumors 6502

ok i guess i wasn't very clear.

i have ipa files in my Mobile Applications folder on my mac.

geodefense is installed on my iPhone. In my iTunes (on my mac) when i got to the app store and look at geodefense, it says "Downloaded"

[​IMG]

but geodefense's ipa file is not in my Mobile Applications folder. Where is it? Is there a way to "Reveal In Finder" like you can with iTunes? Is there a file I can look in to see where iTunes thinks it's stored?

4. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

Just because the App Store says the app is downloaded, doesn't mean it was downloaded to your iTunes on your computer.

5. latestmonkey thread starter macrumors 6502

yes i realize that. that's my question: how do i force/trick iTunes to download it onto my computer.

For some reason it's not showing up in my Purchased Section / Not In My Library list either.

6. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

Plug your iOS device into iTunes. Right click on your device in the left side pane of iTunes and select Transfer Purchases.

7. latestmonkey thread starter macrumors 6502

That didn't work. Because for some reason iTunes thinks the ipa file is already on my computer. Hence, no need to transfer the file.

8. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

Try recreating your library.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1451

9. latestmonkey thread starter macrumors 6502

10. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

Yup! I had a few songs that disappeared from my library and that did the trick also. Glad I could help.