@iTunes, Shuffle by Album Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chopstick2000, Aug 15, 2007.

1. chopstick2000 macrumors newbie

as long as i've been using itunes, i've been enjoying the Shuffle by Album feature, as i prefer to hear albums at a time as opposed to single songs at a time (thats what playlists are for anyway...). there's just one thing that's always bugged me about this, and i'm wondering whether any of you can help me...

if you have an album (for example, a soundtrack) that includes songs by many different artists, itunes seems to treat each different artist as a separate album. as a result, it will usually only play the first song of any collaborated album, unless i turn off shuffle.

i suppose i could avert this problem by setting the album name as the artist name as well... but i'd rather preserve the artist information...

any ideas?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Make sure the "Album Artist" is the same for all tracks on the album, also make sure that the Compilation check-box is checked for all tracks on the album.

3. chopstick2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

aha! it worked!

thank you very much... never knew what that compilation thing did before :p.