iTunes Shuffle Problem..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by YoNadz, Jun 16, 2009.

1. YoNadz macrumors regular

In iTune, is there a way to shuffle the ENTIRE music library rather than just the "checked" songs that are on my iPhone?? When I press the SHUFFLE button all it plays is the marked songs and sometimes I wish it would mix in a few of the unmarked as well. I tried looking for a setting in preferences, but didn't see anything. :mad::confused:

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Check the unchecked songs. iTunes is a good app, but it's no mind reader.

3. PrinceOfEgypt macrumors member

also, this isn't a problem - this is exactly what the checkboxes are for. It is working exactly as intended.

4. YoNadz thread starter macrumors regular

I thought the check boxes were intended to isolate which songs went onto the iPhone, iPod?

5. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

No no no. You're iPod uploads all songs in your settings whether checked or unchecked. So if you want to limit the songs that get to your iPod then change your iPod settings (click on your iPod when you have it connected to the Mac) to specific playlist(s). I hope I have explained that clearly... let us know.

6. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Not quite right. My iTunes library serves as the Library for another 2 people and naturally I don't want some of their songs on my iPod which is just set to sync all.

I therefore have my iPod set not to import unchecked songs and my mum's Roy Orbinson albums and my sister's Bach albums therefore don't end up on my iPod.

For the OP though it sounds like he'd be better off doing what I do for my iPhone, I have it set to sync all the songs on a certain playlist. The check thing works for me because there are certain songs that I just don't want to listen to, whereas it sounds like he just has certain songs that he doesn't want synced.