Itunes shuts down when I click on the Movie Library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AK-Man, Mar 16, 2012.

1. AK-Man macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have searched the forum and haven't found a similar thread so am staring one.

I recently added a movie to my iTunes movie library. Since doing so, whenever I click on the iTunes movie library (upper left hand corner of iTunes) iTunes shuts down. I can reopen iTunes and use it for everything I normally can (listening to music, watching TV shows, etc) but whenever I click on the "Movie" library it shuts down. I will attempt to include a screen shot of the error message below.

I am running an iMac. OS 10.6.8. iTunes 10.6

I attempted to uninstall iTunes and do a fresh install (which I believe I successfully did) but the problem persists. I did not change in any way my data files associated with iTunes during this install (i.e. I did not move my music, videos, movies, etc. just left them alone during this re-install).

I tried to copy screen shot here but apparently don't know how. I have attached the screen shot (which is simply an error message dialogue box) that says..."iTunes quit unexpectedly. Click to reopen the application again. Click report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple".

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Mike in Kansas macrumors 6502a

Mike in Kansas

Did you try taking the movie back out of iTunes? If you keep your library "organized", it should have added another movie file in your library, so make sure to delete that as well.

I have read instances where a messed up movie will cause iMovie to crash when you go into the iMovie browser. Maybe your movie is somehow causing your iTunes to crash as well.

3. camardelle macrumors 6502

If it was working fine prior to the movie, delete the flick and try again. If it were me, once I resolved the issue I'd download the movie again and see what happens. It the issue comes back then I'd notify iTunes that there was an issue with the movie.