iTunes silence during track

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DaveTheRave, May 28, 2013.

1. DaveTheRave macrumors 6502a

This is driving me nuts. Last night I downloaded my pre-order for Paul McCartney's "Wings Over America" live album reissue. At the end of the track "My Love", when there's about 10 seconds left and mostly applause, the sound drops out for a few seconds. This is clearly an error. This happens on both my MacBook and my iPhone 4S at the same part of the track. What can I do? Delete the track and download again from iCloud? This is so strange. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can use an app like Audacity to trim the unwanted silence, if you want.

3. DaveTheRave, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013

DaveTheRave thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's not it, I want the audio back. When there's 10 seconds left there's a 3 second dropout then it comes back. Very annoying when its a live track. This is an error with the track. In fact I just deleted the track from my phone and downloaded again and the error is still there. There is a problem with the original track.

Update: I've played most of the album all the way through and noticed that at least 2 other tracks (Spirits of Ancient Egypt and Richard Cory) have this problem...4 seconds of total silence close to the end of the track. This is not a fadeout, you heard crowd applause, then immediate silence, almost like someone hit pause, then the sound comes back. Very odd. I followed the online help for reporting quality problems with iTunes content and scheduled a call for next week with Apple. Considering the hype on iTunes for Beatles stuff, I'm surprised this glitch happened (maybe they don't care about Paul's stuff :))

If anyone else here purchased Wings Over America I'd love to hear if you have the same problem.