Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hogsrul

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
on my 2011 15". I have 8GB ram and have Safari and igetter going at the same time, that's all. when I surf the web and itunes is playing, it skips throughout the song. Is there some cache I need to empty somewhere? It's really annoying, especially considering it's a quad core.

gkhndes

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2011
When I open a new page for example on any browser, itunes can skip a little the song.

Is there a way to fix this.

This mac is faster than my old PC.

I never experienced this on PC.

Maybe we can change the priority of iTunes on the system list but I don't know how to do it on mac

lovely

rwoolsey

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008
Indianapolis
on my 2011 15". I have 8GB ram and have Safari and igetter going at the same time, that's all. when I surf the web and itunes is playing, it skips throughout the song. Is there some cache I need to empty somewhere? It's really annoying, especially considering it's a quad core.

Same thing happening with my 2009 15" MBPro. Wondered if it was from some upgrades I've made under the hood... 8GB Ram, 1TB Hard Dr.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Music is being read off the hard drive,while safari writes pages to it when you view them, this shouldn't be causing any hiccups, I'd run the apple hardware test, your hard drive might be on it's way out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.