iTunes Skipping

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rwoolsey, May 17, 2011.

1. rwoolsey macrumors member

rwoolsey

Anybody got a good answer as to why my late 2009 15" MBPro5,3 is having trouble multitasking?

ie. listening to iTunes while surfing the web results in songs skipping. Apps are slow to load and often freeze thus resulting in force quitting.

Suggestions?

2. Butler Trumpet macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

Sounds like hard drive failure. (failing)

Do you have a backup? I suggest it if you don't.

3. rwoolsey thread starter macrumors member

rwoolsey

It's a brand NEW HD. A 1 TB WD Scropio Blue @5200 RPM

4. SideStepSociety macrumors 6502

SideStepSociety

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Did you restore from a backup?

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

When you got this computer, did you by chance restore anything from a backup that was from another computer?

When I got my MBP, I restored a time machine backup that was from a 2008 Mac Pro. The restore worked and everything functioned. Only problem was that my iTunes purchased videos would stutter and the screen would remain black for the first 45 seconds of the video. After this, the video would play fine.

Yesterday, I started out with a fresh install of SL and then restored my settings from my Time Machine backup. Videos play fine now.

I would make sure you have a complete backup of your computer and then try a fresh install of the OS. Something sounds corrupted. I have the same MBP as you do, 2009, 15" with 4GB ram.

6. rwoolsey thread starter macrumors member

rwoolsey

I cloned from my original 320GB, but not before running disk utility on the new drive.

7. SideStepSociety macrumors 6502

SideStepSociety

I still recommend a clean install, and the simply copy over the files you need. Disk Utility won't fix any corrupt/problematic preference or cache files.