iTunes slower than Christmas

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kikuchiyo, Oct 4, 2008.

1. kikuchiyo macrumors member

So I recently upgraded to iTunes 8.0 (and yesterday to 8.0.1) and got a new iPod classic, which I've been putting videos on. I'm not sure which (if either, or both) of these things have caused it, but iTunes has become very slow since that time. It beach balls when I ever I try to click on tracks or move from one section (movies to podcasts, for example). iTunes has gone from being a joy to use to an absolute pain.

I checked the console for any problems and there was indeed a left over plugin having problems. I deleted that, which helped a little, but I am still having slow down problems. I deleted some of my playlists and almost all of my smart playlists (I have 3 left).

I'm running a 2.16 Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro with 1 gig of RAM. I have 3+ GB free space (more when I am freshly started up and the swap space/temp files are clear). My music library is 38.55GB, with 7342 songs. Podcasts comes up to 1.68GB, and movies is around 3GB. OS X 10.5.5. I'm using an 80GB iPod Classic and a previous gen iPod shuffle 1GB with it.

Please help! I want my friend iTunes back so I can listen to music and podcasts and sync my iPod without tearing my hair out! I've searched google and this forum but came out short. Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

2. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

Same here!

I get the same troubles. It's been acting so slow. Tried on both mac and pc

Full of bugs. Some times it won let me sync!

I click a track and it dont play, i have to keep clicking till eventually it plays!