ITunes Smart Playlist Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kaycal, Sep 10, 2011.

1. kaycal macrumors newbie

Hello, forum-goers.

I recently added some new music to my itunes library-- and inadvertently "broke" my "smart playlist" in the process.

The playlist in question includes only those songs that are rated either 4 or 5 stars. When I view the playlist, it includes songs that are rated 4 or 5 stars...and unrated songs.

The screenshot is a little bit big, so check it here. Note that, directly above the edit-playlist window, there are several songs that are unrated;
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/kdermod/whut.jpg

In trying to figure out what's going on, I've...
    * Edited the playlist to include only 4 star, or only 5 star songs-- doing so eliminates some of the songs ("only 4 star" gets rid of the 5 star, and vice versa), but leaves the unrated songs.
    * Manually removed the rating from some songs. I wasn't sure whether the hollow stars meant unrated or no-- but despite right-clicking, and selecting "none" under "rating," the songs remain.
    * Shouted obscenities; begged, cajoled, and bribed the computer.
    * Manually "lowered" the rating on the unrated songs. Upon setting an unrated song to one, two, or three stars, it disappears.

Anyone know what's going on? :|

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Do you have "Part of a compilation" checked for the unrated songs?

3. kaycal, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011

kaycal thread starter macrumors newbie

Just checked that; none of the problem songs have that box checked. The problem still exists.