iTunes Smart Playlist Multiple Artist ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by imac abuser, Jun 15, 2012.

1. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Hello,
    I need some help creating a Smart Playlist in iTunes 10.6.3 I'm trying to group all my Zakk Wylde music. Problem I'm running into is he has multiple bands (e.g. Zakk Wylde, Pride and Glory, Black Label Society). I can get it to work for one using Artist IS Zakk Wylde, but then when I add Artist IS Black Label Society all the songs are gone.

HELP

2. phairphan macrumors 6502a

phairphan

If you're just doing a series of Artist is x conditions, then change the Match all of the following rules at the top of the conditions window to Match any of the following rules.

Alternatively, if you have additional types of conditions you wish to use, you can create nested conditions by holding down the option key. The + button on the condition entries changes to a ... button and will let you create nested conditions.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

phairphan is right. You can create the smart playlist as described:
    ScreenCap 2012-06-15 at Fri, Jun 15,4.30.35 PM .PNG
    Alternatively, you could use "Zakk Wylde" or "Pride and Glory" or "Black Label Society" in the Artist field, and put "Zakk Wylde" in the Album Artist field for all those songs. Then just match Album Artist rather than Artist.

4. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser