iTunes sometimes fails to import a CD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rodeman, Mar 24, 2010.

1. rodeman macrumors newbie

This is kind of odd to describe, but about 1 in 4 times, I will put a CD into iTunes and when it asks if I want to import it, I'll hit yes (or no, it doesn't matter) and the CD disappears and it can't import it.

I'll need to eject the CD, reinsert it, and then it will work. But the CD drops completely off the menu and acts like there is not one in the computer. This happens on my Mac Mini. Unfortunately, I don't have another Mac to test it on.

Has anyone else had this experience? It seems like it started around the time Snow Leopard came out. I've got the most up-to-date iTunes, but I can't figure it out and it's a pain as I am adding audio books to listen to which have 6-9 cd's at a time.

Thanks,
    John

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've seen this issue but don't have a fix for it. Still, it's not specific to your computer so someone else is bound to have some ideas.

3. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

No problems when I tell iTunes I don't want to import the CD. But when I say yes, the CD disappears and even the Finder doesn't know it's inserted. I have to use Disk Utility to remount the CD.

mt

4. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

I use Rip http://sbooth.org/Rip/

It's a public beta, but works flawlessly for me ripping CDs. I normally wouldn't refer a beta to someone, but Max has been so good to me, I really like this developer.