Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adrianseto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
Hi,

After syncing all my songs from ipod (iphone) with itunes I checked the number of items on itunes (for music) against the number of items on the ipod and realized they don't match. It shows that my itunes has about 15-20 more items than on the ipod. Why is that?

I thought it was from the Digital booklets some albums come with but that didn't add up either.

Any ideas why?

Thanks,
Adrian

J the Ninja

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Podcasts may be part of it. iTunes counts them separately as their own thing, but iPods appear to count each ep as it's own song. I just checked mine, and my iPod shows 628 songs. Their are 606 in my iTunes library, plus 8 podcasts, but I don't have them all on on my iPod

adrianseto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
Podcasts may be part of it. iTunes counts them separately as their own thing, but iPods appear to count each ep as it's own song. I just checked mine, and my iPod shows 628 songs. Their are 606 in my iTunes library, plus 8 podcasts, but I don't have them all on on my iPod

Thanks J. However, I don't have any podcasts in my itunes or ipod. So I am wondering if not all the songs are making it over to my ipod... Is there anyway to check to see if they are all syncing over?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.