iTunes song playcount went crazy

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MDFang, Jan 17, 2011.

1. MDFang, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011

MDFang macrumors member

Heya

Just now, I noticed the playcount on some of my songs is.. absurdly high. Most played song has been played 162 times, or so iTunes says, but last time I checked it was somewhere around 50, and I haven't played it a lot since.

I did notice that for the songs you can easily notice are corrupted (70-162 plays), they give a reasonable, quite possible, playcount when devided by 3.

Does anyone have any idea what may have caused this, and how I can easily fix this? There is close to no way for me to check which songs have wrong playcounts, seeing as how my library has 2700+ songs in it.
    I have multiple playlists that partly rely on playcount, and if playcount isn't correct, I'm, well, kind of screwed, so to say.
    (feels like a mild form of OCD is acting up here, I'm getting all "oh no it's not good anymore")

Thanks,
    ~ Fang

2. MDFang thread starter macrumors member

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

There are AppleScripts available for, among other things, altering play counts of your songs, at Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes. I'd look over those first.

4. MDFang thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I already found those, and will probably restore my stuff with that.
    I would still like to know how this is possible, though. Not everything is triple-fied, but I can't really sort them into groups. It isn't like it's just with the songs I've added this month or anything.