Itunes song renaming issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theleon, Mar 3, 2013.

1. theleon macrumors newbie

Hi, I've never posted to a forum before, so if I make a mistake in how I ask this question, I'm sorry. I have tried to find the answer in other threads, but I couldn't... so if this has already been addressed elsewhere, I would appreciate being pointed in that direction.

I have been having trouble renaming songs in my iTunes library. Some of the songs have the artist, album name, and track name all squashed into the "Song Name" column on iTunes, and the "artist" and "album" columns are empty. I have used the Info pane to rename things before, as with inserting the proper album and artist names...

However - say I have 20 tracks with an artist's name in each title, but each song having a different song name; is there a way to have iTunes delete all the repeated information in the title column, without touching the different song names?

i.e., if every title has "Keith Jarrett - Moonshines - [TITLE]" in it, can I somehow mass edit 20 songs to delete "Keith Jarrett - Moonshines" from the titles, and just leave each different [TITLE]?

If this is not possible, any suggestions on what other programs could do this well? Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it is possible, using a script from Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes, which is a great resource for managing your iTunes tags and files.

Try Track Parser v1.3.1

Here are a few other scripts that I've found particularly useful: