Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cody21

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Alright I have a question. I created a new apple id a couple of days ago in hopes of breaking myself away from my current one dues to the amount of people on it. I was told by someone that the music in my itunes on my computer can be synced to my iphone with it being signed into the new apple id along with the itunes on my computer being signed into the new account. Is this true?

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
To my understanding you can't transfer ownership of songs between accounts. You still could copy files to a new iTunes setup; only older files with DRM in it would cause trouble as the computer need to be authorized to play.

What do you mean with: too many people on it. Assume you own the "crowded" account couldn't you clean that up and ask "the many people" to leave and unauthorized their computer ?

Others might have better ideas ...

Cody21

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I could do that. The only problem I would have is those people are buying music using my apple id and i'm sure they would lose all of their music. My main issue is when I want to pre-order or reserve a new iphone. We had a bit of a problem once when i reserved one and my friend reserved one, the day we went to pick them up they had problems finding that my friend had a reservation for some reason. I didn't want that to happen to me when I showed up to pick up the phone.

wharzhee

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
texas
u cld still remain using the same apple id for iTunes.

And use separate accounts for purchases at the Apple store.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
This is no problem at all. I have two Apple IDs and iTunes accounts as well (since I moved here from Europe a while ago and kept my old account and also opened a US account). You can sync content from both accounts to a single iPhone, even items with DRM. I do this all the time with songs and apps that I bought with my old account. You can also switch back and forth between the accounts in iTunes if you ever need to re-download something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.