iTunes sorting issue Plz Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nicksmkp, Jan 7, 2009.

1. nicksmkp macrumors newbie

ok, so i've searched the fourms and other places and other people seem to be having similar problems but have been able to resolve their problems. I have tried all the solutions they were provided and have had no success.

I am trying to group an album together, and have changed everything in the get info>sorting, to match. and am currently sorting by artist (but it shouldnt matter because everythings the same).

I have gotton it down to three different albums but cannot seem to get them to group together no mater what i do. any help will be appreciated and screen shots are provided.

-the first screen shot shows the three albums
    -the second shows one of the songs with the sorting tab open that wont co-operate
    -the third shows the other song that wont co-operate
    -and the fourth is an example of how the rest of their sorting tabs are that do co-operate

Im not sure what it does but "part of compliation" is unchecked for all songs in all three albums.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      162.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      196 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      199.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      196.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

You should be able to select all of the tracks from the albums then get info and group them together as a compilation.

On a mac Select all tracks and press command + I. Under the options tab select part of a compilation check mark. Change that to yes. And hit OK. It should then group them all together.

I know you're not on a Mac but it should be about the same. I know nothing about Windows anymore.

EDIT here is a screen of what you're looking for, make sure you have all the tracks selected you want to group together.

Attached Files:

3. nicksmkp thread starter macrumors newbie

well thanks for the attempt to help, but no luck, thought you had it for me.

-attached picture shows what i did with no luck

Attached Files:

• 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      186.5 KB
      Views: