iTunes Spontaneously Starts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thunderclap, Apr 2, 2009.

1. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

Recently iTunes 8.1 has started spontaneously starting music. This never happened on my mac pro, but now that I switched over to an iMac it is constantly happening. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

2. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

Do you have any widget getting data from iTunes? A lot of times that causes iTunes to do that.

Is there any application open at the time that it occurs?

If you can, be detailed on it so we can try to recreate the problem.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Any chance that someone's paired their Remote application to your iMac's iTunes music library? They would have to have physical access to the computer in order to enter in the passcode to link the two. iTunes 8.1 did add a feature called iTunes DJ that the Remote application on the iPod touch/iPhone can access, but I think it just people to view the library and vote on the next track to be played, but not actually initiate playback.

4. kiwi031 macrumors member

I did this to my flatmate and it drove her near crazy. She thought her MPB had gone mad and she stormed around the house screaming while the rest of us (all in on the plan) pretended we couldn't hear the oscillating volumes or the random starts and stops of songs. LOL:D