iTunes starting a download all over again?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by slapple, Mar 24, 2012.

1. slapple macrumors 6502

Yesterday morning I started downloading a couple of 4 GB movies from the iTunes store. Yesterday night I checked on their status, and the progress bars in iTunes were almost complete - they both said they had downloaded well over 3 GB and there was less than 30 minutes remaining. Then a little later, I checked on their statuses again, and it looked like iTunes had decided to redownload both of the movies again, because both status bars were back at the beginning - they said they had downloaded around 20 MB or so, and there were several hours remaining. Finally this morning both movies finished downloading. Any idea why iTunes would start downloading the movies all over again? :confused:

2. DeanOckenden8 macrumors newbie

i am reallly confused i am new to macs and i have accidentally changed the default opening program to text edit and she i download something it opens in text edit so i can't use it can someone pls tell me a way to fix this or tell me the program that usually opens this so i can change it it would be of great help to me thanks

3. mr.tolgao macrumors newbie

It happened to me few times. At the end of downloading, during processing it fails and it starts to download the same movie from the beginning. I contacted the iTunes Store Support and they refunded my money back for that movie. Since then I download the rental movie on my Mac first then transfer the movie to my iPad with USB cable. Now, I don't have the problem of redownloading.