itunes starts automatically, turning my iphone on and running out battery

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by crossings11, Dec 2, 2009.

1. crossings11 macrumors newbie

I have been searching threads and haven't found this problem anywhere so I hope someone knows what to do.

My iphone constantly just starts playing itunes. Sometimes just because i touch it, sometimes when it is sitting quietly by itself on the table. This has the delightful effect of running the battery out constantly, because the headphones are always plugged in and I don't know it has turned on.

Anyone?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The only way I think that could happen is if you have your home button selected to play the iPod (I'm not sure if you meant iPod or iTunes). If so, then if your home button is defective then this could cause it. If not, or you meant iTunes and not iPod, then I have no idea. You could try a DFU mode restore, if it's the latter.

3. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

I don't get it. How does it drain your batter if its playing through iTunes? You mean on your phone itself and not plugged into the computer?

Definately sounds like something is pressing play. Have you tried restoring? Is it still under warranty? Try taking it back if it is.

4. lbj macrumors newbie

i tunes constantly running on i phone

I have the same problem. Has anyone found an answer, because my itunes is constantly turning on and running down my battery as well.

5. chipt macrumors newbie

I had the same problem about 3 months ago with my 3g. I took it to apple and it was replaced, I can't remember what the problem was but i do remember that it wasn't the home button going bad.