itunes store album art for compilations

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by annndy, Dec 20, 2007.

1. annndy macrumors newbie

Hai gais! I'm just rebuilding my itunes library on my new mini and all the single artist albums download the artwork from the itunes store fine (except for the garbage self titled!).

I'm pretty anal about the ID3 tags and they all match up to what's in ITMS, but it never seem to be able to find them for compilation albums when they are defiantly in the store. I have compilation checked on the ID3 etc, but it never finds the art. I know I can put my own ones there, but I kinda like getting them all from one source (OCD maybe?) so if I rebuild again it can do it all automagically as the vast majority of my music is compilations and I don't want to have to add them manually - it would take forever.

I know a couple of people that have this problem; is there a solution? halp! please!

2. jaejae macrumors newbie

iTunes Album Art for Compilation Albums

I realize this reply is quite late, however it may perhaps help some new (and frustrated) iTunes users. When grabbing album art for compilation albums, I've found the most success when checking the "Part of a compilation" box in the song's info, then temporarily changing the Artist Name to "Various." This usually allows me to grab the album art from iTunes, then I change the Artist Name back.

3. annndy thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply :)

I've had limited sucess with getting comilation art down now (i think 2 or 3 have actually worked out of hundreds)... changing the artist to various then back seems a little extreme considering each comp is filled with different artists.

i guess it could be done with file name to ID3... but still... can't apple just fix it :/

some things apple do perplex me... no mms in the iphone for example haha