itunes store and Mail down

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dengar169, Nov 6, 2008.

1. dengar169 macrumors member

For some reason I am not able to go to the itunes store OR view my emails through the Mail program. I get a connection time out message.

Oh I'm also not able to use Software Updater as well.

Is anybody else having problems with these programs? I've checked my network and everything seems okay. Especially since I can log on here and type this message.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks everybody!

2. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Same. Although I did get an iTunes error message when I was browsing the store, even though everything was fine and I could navigate through the entire store with no problems. I think it's just a bug and it was temporarily. Apple may have done some maintenance with the store servers.

4. dengar169 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I'm not sure what is going on. Network Diagnostics say everything is fine. It seems all my apple applications cannot connect online. System Preferences (mobileme) crashes when i try to view my mobileme sync options. And it wont even let me send a report to apple when I force quit it.

Very frustrating.

Anybody that has advice or fixes would be greatly appreciated

Problem apps: iTunes store, Software Update, Mail, Mobile Me (system preference). I get either "host is down" messages or Host time Out (-1001) on Software Update

5. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Everything is working just fine for me here. No issues with Apple store, e-mails, iTunes store, etc