iTunes store authorizations down

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by freediverdude, Jun 12, 2009.

1. freediverdude macrumors 6502a

I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I tried to rent or purchase something on the Apple TV, and it said there's a problem connecting to the iTunes store, try back later. So I thought it must be the connection, but then I went and tried to purchase something on my computer that has a wired ethernet connection, put in my password and everything, and it gives me a similar error message when I try to purchase something or rent something. The store itself seems to be fine as far as letting you browse. Anyone else noticing this?

2. BG-Mac macrumors 6502

Was it an Error 5002? If so I'm getting the same thing right now. I was able to download a free app, but nothing paid.

3. freediverdude thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I think that's what the error said on iTunes on my computer. On Apple TV it just said something like try back later. Hmm so it's not just me....

4. BG-Mac macrumors 6502

I've been trying to download an HD Movie for the last 30 minutes or so. I was able to download a free app and also a CD earlier in the day. Are you downloading video as well? This is quite annoying.. :rolleyes:

5. BG-Mac macrumors 6502

Just tried a bunch of the "fixes" for 5002 I found online. Seems to be a VERY general error code. Nothing worked. I guess I won't be watching Valkyrie tonight.. :(

6. freediverdude thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know, I had just sat down with a pizza and was going to rent a movie. None would download. So then I tried a TV show. Same thing. Ended up eating cold pizza next to the computer posting about this! Sigh.

7. eidrunner247 macrumors 6502

So annoying... I was actually going to rent a movie... Perhaps it means I should do something productive...

8. BG-Mac macrumors 6502