Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtubul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2014
Hello everyone,
I have a weird issue with my macbook pro retina - late 2013 model.
iTunes store does not show anything under my home wifi network - other wifi networks are great.
This happened in the last week or so, i tried to reset the router without success so far, what could be the problem?
I have the latest updates to mavericks, iTunes works fine other than that specific problem, tried to delete and re install it, didn't worked - tried to reset safari - didn't helped either.

Please advice..

Thank you for your help.

Reactions: JungleNYC

mtubul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2014
unbelievable

Hello everyone, how is it even possible that no one answers my question,
so many have seen this post, can you please say something..:mad:

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Hello everyone,
iTunes store does not show anything under my home wifi network - other wifi networks are great.
This happened in the last week or so, i tried to reset the router without success so far, what could be the problem?
I have the latest updates to mavericks, iTunes works fine other than that specific problem, tried to delete and re install it, didn't worked - tried to reset safari - didn't helped either.

Please advice..

Thank you for your help.

Try changing your DNS to 8.8.8.8

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14159

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Hello everyone,

Please advice..

Thank you for your help.

Given that it only happens on your home network, the router configuration is the most likely cause. Could be the DNS settings in the router (I always replace the ISPs DNS info with either Google [8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4] or OpenDNS), or something relating to port forwarding and/or QoS being enabled. If it was related to the iTunes software itself or whichever version of OS X you're running, it wouldn't be specific to one network.

mtubul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2014
Tried to change DNS info with no success - 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

jujubeebop

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2014
Portland, Oregon
Reset iTunes Store cache

I had this same issue today, and it was so vexing! I tried restarting, reinstalling iTunes, updating my DNS settings, throwing away and rebuilding .plists, and nothing seemed to help. I knew it was a preference/cache-type issue because iTunes worked fine when I created a new user account. Then I figured it out after going through every preference setting in iTunes.

Go to the iTunes menu > Preferences > Advanced tab > Reset iTunes Store cache > and click the Reset cache button.

Voila!

(Hopefully it works for you, too.)

Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 5.59.54 PM.png

Reactions: Maximara

mtubul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2014
Solved

:D
I did something else, i had to call the ISP and tell them about it, they did a reset to the router and it worked, it's the first time i noticed a complex issue like this, and i am not surprised, after all it's Apple, everything got to be complex.
Thank you for answering after all this time.

Last edited:

cordonez

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2015
Reset cache :)

Just resetting cache worked like a charm to me! :)

Thank you jujubeebop,

Last edited:

Maximara

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
I had this problem and reseting the cache worked. No need to bother my ISP.

LoRob

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2009
Reset iTunes Store cache

I had this same issue today, and it was so vexing! I tried restarting, reinstalling iTunes, updating my DNS settings, throwing away and rebuilding .plists, and nothing seemed to help. I knew it was a preference/cache-type issue because iTunes worked fine when I created a new user account. Then I figured it out after going through every preference setting in iTunes.

Go to the iTunes menu > Preferences > Advanced tab > Reset iTunes Store cache > and click the Reset cache button.

Voila!

(Hopefully it works for you, too.)

View attachment 487798
[doublepost=1489063630][/doublepost]Worked like a charm, even 8 years on. Never had the problem before. Tried lots of other things that didn't work. So simple. Thanks.

flygbuss

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden
Since yesterday I can not access apple music on one of my macs running 10.11.6 and iTunes 12.8.2.3.
The 'Browse' tab stays blank and I cannot choose any music. I can listen to my recently played songs in history but nothing else. On my iPhone and my other macs everything is fine. Is there anything i can do?
What I tried: Reset iTunes cache, log out and back into iCloud, update network settings.
This is frustrating, according to apple El Capitan should be still supported.
Thank you!

Reactions: JustiNYCity

JungleNYC

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2014
YUuuup. Same thing happening here. Such a shame…I NEED this older machine to keep working! It's my family's media center as well as to run a bunch of legacy programs. This is a mistake, apparently, with an update to Apple Music (because there were no iTunes or Mavericks, etc, updates). I'll be escalating this to Apple, and I hope all you will too. I'll report back if I can find a solution, or get any more information.

Reactions: JustiNYCity

flygbuss

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden
Since yesterday I can not access apple music on one of my macs running 10.11.6 and iTunes 12.8.2.3.
The 'Browse' tab stays blank and I cannot choose any music. I can listen to my recently played songs in history but nothing else. On my iPhone and my other macs everything is fine. Is there anything i can do?
What I tried: Reset iTunes cache, log out and back into iCloud, update network settings.
This is frustrating, according to apple El Capitan should be still supported.
Thank you!

Apparently it's fixed on the server side now. When I tried it today it first showed the apple loading wheel and than the content came back. Phew..

Last edited:

flygbuss

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden
I ended up installing iTunes 12.4.3.
It works now though the old gui really looks aged.
Backup before you do the same. Keep in mind that you have to get rid of your library to make the older version work.
I really hope they will fix it again on the server side.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.