iTunes Store "Buy Now"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tech198, May 3, 2012.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

I was searching in the iTunes Store, and noticed that you can "buy Now" content.

This makes sense with music, but why movies ?

For example, I was renting this movie "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol" yesterday, and then went to the Trailers section and found "The Grey"

I know you can't rent this movie yet, as these exist in trailers, but why can you "buy" them ?

Buying, suggests their on the iTunes store, and if their on the Store, when why not rent ? I thought that was the model (even as an option).

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Some people prefer to buy their movies instead of renting and not all movies are available on itunes can be rented. That is there are movies that you can purchase but not rent.

Its a personal preference thing, some like to rent, others want to buy the movie.

3. Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

I buy movies that I know we'll watch over and over again (e.g. children's films)

4. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

in order to make more money the movie studios release quite often a movie on iTunes to buy a couple of weeks before they release it for "rent".

their is a substantial number of people who don't want to wait for the rental version to come out and they then buy the movie for 15 dollar or more instead of renting it for 4 dollar a few weeks later.

same thing as with DVD's where the rental usually is released a few weeks after the buy now version.