Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WeegieMac

Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Was working fine earlier tonight, but for some reason when I try to connect to the store to, for example, view my iTunes Store account it times out and gives me an error.

If I try to buy anything on my iPhone app store, it times out and gives me the message "Connection Refused" when I try to buy an app, which again wasn't happening earlier.

Anyone else?

SCMaverick

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2006
Was working fine earlier tonight, but for some reason when I try to connect to the store to, for example, view my iTunes Store account it times out and gives me an error.

If I try to buy anything on my iPhone app store, it times out and gives me the message "Connection Refused" when I try to buy an app, which again wasn't happening earlier.

Anyone else?

Same here. Glad I'm not the only one.

ogee

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2006
Earth.
I cant log in either, it says connection lost. Glad its not just me lol Im on the German store btw

Cheerwino

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2011
S.C.
Same for me (in US). Couldn't log in to purchase on iMac or iPod Touch, although internet working fine. I can navigate through iTunes and try songs but not buy.

"Yo Steve, man, I need my apps, man. [obsessively scratching arms] I gotta have my apps [eyes red and unfocused]!"

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Kind of a strange way to be down since you can see/search all music and Apps but can't buy (iTunes and iPad). Would be better to have the whole thing off than the way it is. I thought my iPad was frozen because it looked like it was downloading but nothing happening.

RockTheGlobe

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2002
Denver, CO
Also down for me here in the U.S. -- iTunes spends a while "Accessing iTunes Store" while trying to download app updates, then tells me the apps couldn't be downloaded because the connection was lost and that there was an error.

Tried doing it through my iPhone, which took a couple of tries and I even got a "connection refused" response until one of my app updates just downloaded and installed correctly.

Cheerwino

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2011
S.C.
Maybe they tried to launch the white iPhone following today's earnings call and it crashed the new North Carolina data center.

ogee

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2006
Earth.
I just managed to download a Ja-Lo tune, but it didnt ask me for the password!, strange thing is it wont let me switch on home sharing and it cant conenct to itunes…fooked up I think lol

MacAppleMan

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
NYC
US store here. Can't log into the itunes store or app store. Can't buy anything on my ipad, mac or ipod touch. It just loads and loads and times out. It won't even let me log out on one of my devices.
My dad meanwhile has no problem logging in/out or buying stuff off his account on his ipad/imac.

I'm not sure what the deal with other than the servers our accounts are on is down.

hardlinerasp

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2011
oh thank god!

i though i was the only one damnit i just bought call of duty 4 just before the problem -_- well well it wil be safe in my account i hope!
but i feel better now that i know its not only me and that the apple server is down. i use norwegian apple store . now i can finaly go to bed!

ovrlrd

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
Yeah this is quite annoying right now. Hope it's fixed soon (still not working for me in the US).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.