iTunes Store down?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by WeegieMac, Apr 20, 2011.

1. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Was working fine earlier tonight, but for some reason when I try to connect to the store to, for example, view my iTunes Store account it times out and gives me an error.

If I try to buy anything on my iPhone app store, it times out and gives me the message "Connection Refused" when I try to buy an app, which again wasn't happening earlier.

Anyone else?

2. SCMaverick macrumors member

Same here. Glad I'm not the only one.

3. ogee macrumors 6502

I cant log in either, it says connection lost. Glad its not just me lol Im on the German store btw

4. Vizin, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  5. Chrisconner1993 macrumors newbie

Me too, I'm currently in Saudi Arabia, but on the UK store, but it hasn't made a difference before...... Maybe it's the rumored new rating system ;)

6. Cheerwino macrumors regular

Same for me (in US). Couldn't log in to purchase on iMac or iPod Touch, although internet working fine. I can navigate through iTunes and try songs but not buy.

"Yo Steve, man, I need my apps, man. [obsessively scratching arms] I gotta have my apps [eyes red and unfocused]!"

7. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

I can't get (iPhone) app updates...U.S. iTunes

8. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

9. Cheerwino macrumors regular

10. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Kind of a strange way to be down since you can see/search all music and Apps but can't buy (iTunes and iPad). Would be better to have the whole thing off than the way it is. I thought my iPad was frozen because it looked like it was downloading but nothing happening.

11. RockTheGlobe macrumors member

Also down for me here in the U.S. -- iTunes spends a while "Accessing iTunes Store" while trying to download app updates, then tells me the apps couldn't be downloaded because the connection was lost and that there was an error.

Tried doing it through my iPhone, which took a couple of tries and I even got a "connection refused" response until one of my app updates just downloaded and installed correctly.

12. rtripa macrumors newbie

Same problem. Can't download anything. Portuguese store.

13. Chrisconner1993 macrumors newbie

Maybe! I wonder what it is, maybe the new up and coming imac, we all seen the iOS,osx patents didn't we?

14. Cheerwino macrumors regular

Maybe they tried to launch the white iPhone following today's earnings call and it crashed the new North Carolina data center.

15. ogee macrumors 6502

I just managed to download a Ja-Lo tune, but it didnt ask me for the password!, strange thing is it wont let me switch on home sharing and it cant conenct to itunes…fooked up I think lol

16. ogee macrumors 6502

I dont think you can download an iMac from the itunes store….yet

17. MacAppleMan macrumors newbie

US store here. Can't log into the itunes store or app store. Can't buy anything on my ipad, mac or ipod touch. It just loads and loads and times out. It won't even let me log out on one of my devices.
    My dad meanwhile has no problem logging in/out or buying stuff off his account on his ipad/imac.

I'm not sure what the deal with other than the servers our accounts are on is down.

18. PRPS macrumors member

PRPS

yup...i thought it was just the facebook app...but then Words with Friends isn't working either...:confused:

19. Vizin, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  20. legacy fan macrumors newbie

Back up for me (US store) FB app just finally updated.

21. hardlinerasp macrumors newbie

oh thank god!

i though i was the only one damnit i just bought call of duty 4 just before the problem -_- well well it wil be safe in my account i hope!
    but i feel better now that i know its not only me and that the apple server is down. i use norwegian apple store . now i can finaly go to bed!

22. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Yeah this is quite annoying right now. Hope it's fixed soon (still not working for me in the US).

23. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

24. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

It's really annoying that it's down...
    I have 4 pending updates. and i can't use em'
    it just says waiting...
    :/