iTunes Store Downloads SLOW!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Clete2, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

I've looked all over the internet and I only have found one potential 'solution' so far. I cleared my DNS cache.

I am using Windows XP and within the past week, my iTunes purchases have slowed to a crawl (5-6KB/sec). What's going on? I have the latest version of iTunes and I can download songs faster on Edge than on my PC! I get over 10,000Kbps on speedtest.net and I download other items at 2-3MB/sec. I'm downloading House and the SD version is taking 3-4 hours to download. What is going on here?

Edit: Oh and 15 hours remaining on House in HD. Last week, it took ~30 minutes. I could watch while it was downloading.

Saving people time:
    Firewall (on my PC): Off.
    University network.. and like I said.. only in the past week... and no issues on campus that I know of (I just downloaded a file at normal speeds today).

2. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

Actually now you mention it

Mine have been going very slow this week too. Infact earlier i was trying to download a album and it was constantly just stopping half way through.

But it all seems to be ok now.

ML

3. Clete2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Clete2

Lucky you. Do you think it isn't just me?

Mine actually slowed down since I posted. :( 36 hours for the HD download. Seriously... a 1-hour HD download. 36 hours?

4. Clete2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Clete2

2 hours later and the SD download is STILL at 3 hours?!?

5. PcBgone macrumors 6502

PcBgone

I dont have any issues. You said you were on a university network, right? Do you think they have restricted your download abilities from itunes?

Have you tried it on a different network?

6. Clete2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Clete2

Seeing as how I don't have a car, I haven't. :( That sucks. I really hope it isn't... because campus IT is full of idiots. I guess I will call them..

7. Clete2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Clete2

I left a message for IT, but I think they will just come back with: "It's iTunes' problem!" 36 hours for HD downloads?

8. Clete2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Clete2

I've called IT multiple times per day; no reply whatsoever.

Is there any sort of way that I can fix it on my own? Seriously, 5 hours for a 40MB podcast is ridiculous! I want to buy/rent a movie for my flight tomorrow, but if I start downloading now, it won't be done by then! What gives?!?

Whenever I go on WiFi in the buildings, it works, but on ethernet (in the dorms) it doesn't.

Edit: Never mind that. Now, no matter what, it's slow. WiFi or ethernet.

9. Clete2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Clete2

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Edit: replied to the wrong post. Can't delete posts on the mobile site? Will delete post asap