iTunes Store E-Mail Verification

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Norfag, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Norfag macrumors newbie

Okey, I just got myself a iPod Touch 32GB 2nd Gen, and wanted to get some Apps.

The problem is that after I created an account I get this weird link that wants me to open iTunes.
    So, I use Firefox, and get this message that I have to add the "link type" to a program, iTunes is in the list, but it wont allow me to use it, so I browse after the .EXE file to iTunes, and use that. Now, iTunes only loads up, but nothing happend.

I tried the link in IE, it only rederects me too Download iTunes site.
    And I even tried downloading Safari (Which I knew would fail) and it told me that it couldn't open the link....

So...
    What to do?
    I can't even log on the Apple Support Forums, because I don't have a verified account.
    Halp!

2. Norfag thread starter macrumors newbie

3. SyncroFei macrumors newbie

I have the exact same issue with a small exception:

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (itmss) isn't associated with any program.

Apparently it's having the same issue with Windows Vista. I'm hoping whatever solves the problem for the op will help me as well.

My guess is a misspelled URL in the HTML code. I am not familiar enough with HTML to guess any correction yet, but I'll keep looking.

4. SyncroFei macrumors newbie