iTunes store error - deleted folder?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aravintht, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

basically i have an iPhone which is only ever connected to one mac.

All the applications/music i have bought are stored within the itunes library on this mac.

This morning when i tried to sync my iphone i got the following error 'This computer is no longer authorized for applications that are installed on the iPhone, "iPhone 3G". Would you like to authorize this computer for items purchased fron the iTunes Store?'

If i click authorize - it asks for my password and then says 'There was an error storing your authorization on this computer'

I have not changed anything and all the music i bought on iTunes i can still play. Yesterday i emptied my 'Trash' as it was over 50GB and this is the first time im syncing since. I guess i could have delete a folder or something ages ago accidentally.

Can anyone help? eg how do i rebuild iTunes without losing all my music and applications. I know i can backup my music on to Timemachine or just burn a cd. but what about applications?

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

You can simply re download the applications from the store, even the ones you paid for. Once you paid for them, you can download them however many times you want under your account.

Or, you could plug your iPhone in, and you will get an option to sync back.

I don't understand how you can accidently a folder.

3. Aravintht thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah i seriously don't understand either but the only thing i did to my MBP was empty the trash yesterday.

Im just trying to restore the itunes music folder from my Lacie drive using timemachine

4. Aravintht thread starter macrumors 6502a

Timemachine didn't work

just reinstalled itunes and all seems to be working fine now.

by looking at the last modified date on the itunes folder, it was 3am, obviously i was asleep so i dont know what happened there. Maybe it just got corrupted or something like that.

Any thanks for your help