iTunes Store in Singapore? When?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BCMH, Oct 25, 2007.

1. BCMH macrumors newbie

I am a resident of Singapore and we are being bombarded by advertisements against downloading music but currently we do not have access to many online music stores so I was just wondering when the iTunes Store launching in Singapore or if it's even launching here. Thanks.

2. djgex macrumors newbie

Wondering the same thing.

Yeah, I was wondering about the same thing. The main reason most of us download illegaly is because of the ease of getting the song u want to listen quickly, without making another trip to the local cd store.

If they bring iTunes here, the piracy level will drop in Singapore. There will still be some people who download illegally but as far as I'm concerned, my friends and I will definitely use this service.

Sure, there are download sites here which ... well to tell the truth are not really appealing to iPod users and people who want a easy 'click and download' way of things.

I read that iTunes was first coming in 2007 end, and then I was heartbroken to see that it might be extended to 2008. I mean come on! What the problem with iTunes coming to Singapore? They say that there are 'legal issues' that they are worried about.

I agree with BCMH that if the government is so intent on preventing us from downloading music, they should allow iTunes. I for one stopped downloading as soon as I saw those ads. Makes you feel really insecure when u right click and save target as.

Let's pray and hope for the best...

:apple:

3. sychee macrumors member

Same. I will be one of the many to purchase legal music online.